What is an Associate Member?
In general, Associate Members are manufacturers, distributors, retailers, architects, interior designers, removers and trade specialists. Membership in the Association helps them strengthen their ties to paperhangers, add consumer awareness to the importance of wallcoverings and advance the cause of quality products and expert craftsmanship in the decorating products industry.
The Wallcovering Installers Association, the only international organization devoted exclusively to the interests and needs of the professional wallcovering installer, provides a way for others in the industry to work with our members in a mutually beneficial manner. Two categories of membership are available.
Industry Associate Membership
An Industry Associates Member is a company affiliated with the wallcoverings industry that markets or distributes manufactured products or services on a multi-regional/national/international basis. Industry Associate Members receive international exposure and have an open invitation to attend meetings or functions of local chapters and members. Industry Associate Members currently have their own committee, the chair of which is a non-voting member of the Association’s board of directors.
Chapter Associate Membership
A Chapter Associate Member is a company, retail store or manufacturer’s sales representative located in the vicinity of a chartered chapter of the Association. Many sales representatives of Industry Associate Members join local chapters of the Association to make contacts with local installers, designers, retail store managers and store employees.
Why Become an Associate?
WIA members influence the purchasing decisions of today’s designers and consumers. They are the primary buyers of the support products used in the wallcovering industry. WIA members are business professionals seeking state-of-the-art products, equipment and ideas to give them a competitive edge in the business market. Associate members can educate our members in areas of business and marketing. Regular Association members educate in the areas of technique and product.
Since it’s founding in 1974, the Wallcovering Installers Association has steadily grown in membership, resources, programs and influence within the industry. Nearly 500 wallcovering installers, in nearly 30 Chapters, are proud of what they do and take pride in our association. They continually provide educational opportunities for upgrading their craft.
Associate Member Benefits
For an annual investment, all Associate Members receive relevant regular member benefits plus the following (dependent on category):
- Discounted advertising in the "Wallcovering Installer," the Association’s annual "Membership Directory" and other Association publications.
- Discounts on all Tradeshow and educational event exhibiting.
- Liaison with other industry associations: WA, ASTM, PDCA, ASID, and NDRA.
- A speaker’s bureau designed for local Chapters.
- Mailing list for all installer members.
- Free listing in each issue of the “Wallcovering Installer.”
- A seat on the Industry Associate Member Committee.
- Inclusion on important educational programs and fairs.
Local Chapter Associates also participate in:
- Local Chapter activities and regular meetings.
- Local community charity projects.
- Local professional installer contacts for referring buyers and customers.
- Local chapter mailings and newsletters.
Need to renew your existing WIA Membership? Login to your account and renew today.